Green Hydrogen Systems is ready to take a position as one of the world’s leaders in developing and producing electrolysis plants that use electricity from renewable energy and water to produce green hydrogen. Green hydrogen is a cornerstone in the green transition of our energy systems globally with potential to decarbonize among others transportation, agriculture, industrial processes and household heating.
Are you an experienced process engineer with at least 5 years of work experience from process engineering, technology, or a production company? Do you have extensive technical knowledge within thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, compressible flow, and process design? Do you have proven experience within product development? Then you might be the Process Engineer we are looking for to strengthen our Process team.
In the position as Process Engineer, you will become part of the Development department and with direct reference to the Process Team Manager take part in developing safe and reliable solutions for our electrolysers. This will be done in close collaboration with the System Architect, Technical Leads and System Owners.
As our new Process Engineer your main tasks and deliveries will include:
- Working on conceptual, definition and detailed process design to enhance production, ensure safety and improve performance
- Ensuring that the design is implemented, tested, and validated
- Dimensioning of vessels, equipment, and piping
- Calculating temperature, pressure, flow capacity, etc.
- Analysing data from running electrolysers
- Drawing/reviewing P&IDs, PFDs, specifications, test descriptions, and documentation for technical dossiers and production
- Participating in risk assessment (HAZOP, FMEA, LoPA)
- Liaising with suppliers regarding technical specification for equipment, instruments etc.
- Working with a variety of standards (e.g. ISO22734, EN10418)
- Sharing information and training other disciplines within Process Engineering (enhancing system understanding)
To succeed in this role, you value the importance of not only finishing tasks on time, but also ensuring that they are well-documented and of a high engineering quality and standard. Cross-functional collaboration is a prerequisite and it is important that you communicate in an empathic and transparent manner.
For the right candidates an additional opportunity is to become a system owner (according to the System Engineering Concept) with further responsibilities such as:
- Responsible for a defined system in the electrolyser
- Contact person for the defined system
- Responsible and co-approver for all changes within the system
- Facilitating stakeholder workshops and ensuring alignments to other systems/system owners
- Ensuring traceability from system requirements to validation and verification tests/reports
Your qualifications and motivations
As a person, you are self-driven, take ownership and can stay focused in a busy environment with changing priorities. You show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to succeed as a team. You are motivated by creating sustainable engineering solutions for a greener planet.
We expect you to have an engineering degree (B.Sc or M.Sc) within chemistry, energy, mechanical, or thermal engineering. You have a high technical skillset and demonstrated this for years.
You must master English at a professional level both verbally and in writing. It is considered an advantage if you have experience working with the following: Jira task management system, test and validation, data analysis and calculation in Excel, Python or similar, process engineering simulations (in HYSYS, DWSIM, etc.), and documentation of risk assessments. Apart from the above, we highly encourage you to highlight it in your application if you have direct experience working with electrolysis.
Development and collaboration are our focus points
You will become a part of the Process Engineering team at Green Hydrogen Systems that consists of 14 engineers and more to come. The team is young as for the rest of the teams at Green Hydrogen Systems due to the fact that the company has grown rapidly over the last few years. As an employee at Green Hydrogen Systems, you get a unique opportunity to make your mark on a company that is advancing within one of the key technologies for optimal renewable energy utilisation. Followed by creating a great inspirational workplace where Care, Commit and Collaborate are our key drivers.
You will be employed at our HQ in Kolding or at our office in Copenhagen and offered a salary that is according to the nature of the position, requirements, and background. Pension, health insurance and bonus schemes are part of the total salary package.
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Process Team Manager Andreas Damgård Agesen on tel.: +45 2990 4984. Please note that we process the application field on an ongoing basis.
Green Hydrogen Systems is committed in creating a diverse and inclusive environment and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. We therefore encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Tell a friendSee other jobs