Green Hydrogen Systems (GHS) is ready to take a position as one of the world leaders in developing and producing electrolysis plants that use electricity from renewable energy sources and water to produce green hydrogen. The GHS modular solutions helps accelerate the market for hydrogen plants to ensure optimal application of renewable energy. The global market for electrolysers is significant and is rapidly growing. We are in the process of commercialising our next generation electrolysers, and the vision is that with our modular solutions, we will help accelerate the market for hydrogen plants that can ensure optimal application of renewable energy.
With solid owners and close collaboration with major Danish and foreign partners in the energy market, the foundation is in place. We are now looking for a Senior Counsel, who has the ability and desire to participate in the further development and growth of our business.
GHS is looking for a talented and highly motivated lawyer for our Legal & Compliance Department to support our rapidly growing and evolving business in production and servicing of electrolysers. In this position, you must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with broad and generalist responsibilities. You must be a specialist in legal subjects relating to commercial law in the renewable energy sector. You will be responsible for counselling the business by giving proactive, professional, competent, cost-effective and creative legal support.
You will need to bring negotiation and drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple functional teams in a rapidly scaling business. You will collaborate with business leaders (sales, procurement and technology) as well as with supporting areas advising on legal risks, business strategies and other issues related to GHS businesses. You will be required to work independently and as part of various teams and take on projects in addition to the daily job.
Your main tasks will be:
- Providing legal advice and support on a wide range of legal activities.
- Advising on international renewable energy/power generation framework with a profound understanding of the main terms and conditions of Construction and Supply Agreements, EPC Agreements, Procurement Agreements and other typical contracts used internationally by the renewable energy industry.
- Drafting and negotiating simple and complex contracts including but not limited to those related to renewable energy power generation projects.
- Advising on general business law issues and managing the legal issues of all areas of the company, including but not limited to corporate matters, procurement, safety, security, insurance and sustainability issues.
- Ethics and compliance and governance services.
- To secure compliance of business operations with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ability to deliver high-quality work under strict deadlines.
Qualifications and experience
- Master of Laws with strong academic credentials.
- 5-10 years of mixed professional experiences as in-house counsel in an international company and legal counsel in a top tier law firm.
- Strong legal experience in corporate and commercial matters.
- Relevant experience in at least one of the following areas: Construction, Oil & Energy or Renewable/Environment sectors.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both Danish and English.
- Thrive in an environment with contact to external partners.
- Are self-driven and can act on own initiative.
- Are a skilled communicator capable of conveying the positive story of a project in a funding application.
- Detail oriented.
- Responsible and structured.
- Can operate in a changing and often busy environment.
- Service-oriented and easy to work with across the organisation.
Focus on development and collaboration
As an employee at Green Hydrogen Systems, you get a unique opportunity to make your mark on a company that is advancing within one of the key technologies for optimal renewable energy utilization. You will be one of the key persons in an innovative company, where the focus lies on development, innovation and collaboration.
You will be employed at our HQ in Kolding. We offer a salary that is according to the nature of the position, requirements and background. Pension scheme and health insurance are also part of the salary package.
Please note that we process the application field on an ongoing basis.
If you want to know more about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Walter Borge, General Counsel, tel.: +45 4414 0455.
Tell a friendSee other jobs