Can you lead a software development project and set the technical and architectural framework that you also participate in implementing? If the answer is yes and you are also a musician, then here is a unique opportunity to combine your professional skills with your passion for music.
EarMaster ApS is a software company based in Aarhus, Denmark. We develop, market and sell the software EarMaster. EarMaster is used by musicians, music students and music teachers all over the world to practice their musical skills (ear training, sight-reading, rhythm practice, etc.).
After some years of transition towards a multi-platform MVVM structure and an ongoing transformation into a SAAS model, we now have a strong foundation for growth, and 2020 promises to be our best year ever. Therefore, we are now looking for a strong developer who can bear the technical development of EarMaster further and help expand our current success.
- As an architect and lead developer, you will be at the forefront of the development and quality assurance of EarMaster.
- Planning of software functionality in collaboration with Hans Jakobsen (CEO and current lead developer).
- As a full-stack developer, you will program in Delphi (Object Pascal) on the backend and frontend for Windows, macOS, iPad, iPhone and Android. However, 95% of the code is shared between all platforms via an MVVM structure.
- You will participate in UX design, and are responsible for its implementation with an understanding of each platform’s identity and philosophy (our graphic designer designs the user interface).
- As a lead developer, you will be responsible for coordinating freelancers and new developers, whom you will also be involved in hiring.
- You will keep yourself up-to-date with new technologies and APIs, which you must be able to quickly navigate and be able to use to get on with your tasks.
- You must like the challenge of finding the fine balance between time and money constraints, and the ideal of making the perfect product.
- You play an instrument, have a good knowledge of music theory and dream of combining that with your job.
- You are a versatile and super skilled full-stack developer, with many years of experience in Delphi, C++, C#, Java or similar.
- You are willing to make the necessary effort to become a native Delphi developer (if you aren’t one already).
- You have several years of experience as a lead developer and architect.
- You can work analytically and in a structured way with complex tasks which you are happy to explain and discuss with your colleagues.
- You thrive in an agile environment where conditions and priorities can change.
- You can give and receive constructive criticism. At EarMaster, we "play the ball and not the man".
- You will join us in creating the world's best App for music education.
EarMaster is consists of a sharp and passionate team of musicians. We are all experienced musicians and are passionate about making the perfect product to support music education and musical training. All of our recent releases have received special awards: EarMaster 7 was nominated for the NAMM Tec Awards 2017 (Los Angeles). EarMaster for iPad was nominated for the Music Teacher Awards 2019 (London). EarMaster for iPhone was "App of the month" on the App Store in all of Europe in January 2020.
We value the creative process and ongoing dialogue about the product, which is why we require that working hours are spent at our office in Aarhus (Egå), Denmark.
- Full-time job at our office in Aarhus (Egå), Denmark.
- A non-bureaucratic environment with a high degree of self-management and influence on your own tasks.
- A quiet environment where we value professionalism.
- An international environment, with customers, partners and freelancers from all over the world.
- A workplace driven by passion for music and music education with ongoing contact to the world's leading music education.
- The opportunity to work with a unique product which makes a difference for countless musicians around the world.
If you have questions about the position, please feel welcome to contact Hans Jakobsen by phone at +45 61 30 61 46 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are held at our office in Aarhus after the application deadline.
Tell a friend