Are you passionate about solving big complex problems and helping to build better societies? In RIB, you get the opportunity to do both by leading software development teams to deliver some of the industry's leading products.
RIB Software is a global IT company with approx. 1200 employees. The summer of 2014, RIB Software bought the Danish company Byggeweb A/S which today is an integrated part of RIB Group. RIB is the first player in the market to offer a vertical end-to-end platform for the construction industry based on cloud technologies, Artificial Intelligence and mobile first principles. In short, RIB is on a mission to break with the low productivity that the global construction industry is experiencing by offering an integrated ecosystem of software applications. We will help to increase collaboration in the construction industry and build better societies!
The Danish business unit has, among other things, the market's most widely used and recognized Project Web with over 120,000 users spread over 7000 companies. Every day, more than 24,000 files are uploaded on our platform and the amount of data grows exponentially as a result of the digitalization in construction where the use of digital building models, drones, 3D scans, point clouds etc. is the new standard.
RIB is experiencing a rapid growth and we therefore offer a unique position as Software Delivery Manager and the possibility to impact one of the largest industries in the world by applying your project management skills to deliver high quality products.
You will be part of the Danish business unit located in the heart of Copenhagen with approx. 45 employees and 7 in Ukraine. You will join our Research & Development Department with reference to our Chief Product Officer and become part of a professional and dedicated team. We are behind some of the industry's most recognized solutions and therefore we expect you play to win and can raise the level of competence within our Software Delivery domain.
As a Software Delivery Manager, you will lead and coordinate multidisciplinary development teams to ensure high quality deliverables. You are responsible for the performance of the teams and that they are capable to meet the functional and technical requirements of the products. You will use coaching and mentoring techniques to drive accountability in your teams and focus on creating an environment that fosters a high-performance culture. You are comfortable with planning complex tasks and navigating in a technical environment where you switch between having the big overview and delving into the details.
You will have a close interface to our Product Managers and ensure that business requirements are translated into tangible tasks that are understood and accepted by the development team. Through your interactions with our Product Managers, you will ensure the correct allocation of resources so that our teams work ambitiously to pursue our goals. You are an experienced project manager that takes prides in driving a well planned and structured team of engineers.
Primary areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the delivery of high-quality outcome from your development teams
- Manage and coach development teams and remove barriers and risks
- Build a productive and ambitious environment that fosters 'high performing teams'
- Deliver high-quality software products and projects using SCRUM as agile project management methods
- Drive the sprint process and act as SCRUM Master and facilitate various SCRUM artifacts as daily stand-ups, planning, grooming, reviews, retro-specs etc.
- Do business analysis in collaboration with Product Managers to translate functional and technical requirements into tangible development tasks with user stories
- Manage the collaborative and dynamic planning process where tasks are prioritized and balanced against the development team's capacity
- Helping our QA resources with defining acceptance criteria and if we are busy helping with manual tests.
The optimal candidate will have minimum 3-5 years of experience with:
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary development teams (preferably international teams)
- Result oriented and experience delivering software products
- Solid experience with SCRUM and other agile project management methods.
- Technical understanding of software development (developer skills not required)
- The great candidate has knowledge of cloud-based development environments (preferably Microsoft Azure)
We don’t expect you to know everything but that you have an inherent desire to learn and acquire new skills.
We begin evaluating applications by the end of July.
Tip en venAndre stillinger