KOMPAN U.S. is looking for a Project Manager to manage all technical aspects of the installation of playgrounds and outdoor fitness equipment by planning, scheduling, costing, reviewing, and ensuring smooth and uninterrupted service across a variety of sites ranging in complexity and size.
As a global leader with an organizational focus on people, passion, progress, and performance, our mission is to create healthier and happier communities by delivering the best in play and fitness solutions. We’re KOMPAN - let’s play!
Who We Are
For more than 50 years, KOMPAN has researched, designed, and built innovative and imaginative commercial playground equipment and outdoor fitness sites that captivate all ages and abilities.
In collaboration with our global headquarters in Denmark, KOMPAN designs, manufactures, and installs more than 1,000 sites a month across 90 different countries. Our North American headquarters, located in Austin, Texas, supports field sales around the U.S. and Canada.
At KOMPAN, we take pride in our commitment to the global environment. We exceed sustainability efforts and make it possible to lower carbon emissions by utilizing recycled ocean waste, consumer-recycled plastics, and textile wastes to create playgrounds that are born green or made green.
What You’ll Do
· Effectively manage all technical aspects of a playground installation
· Hold prestart, progress, and handover meetings with customers and sub-contractors including changes to the scope of work, and ensure that all installations meet customer expectations
· Review product designs, proposals, and contracts for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements to establish start and completion times and staffing requirements for each phase of the project
· Prepare and approve job forecasts, including contractor and sub-contractor compliance based on project specifications
· Foster and promote relationships with project owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers
· Ensure KOMPAN receives the best possible pricing in collaboration with accounting, while tracking budgets and reporting monthly cash flow to ensure job profitability, accuracy, and schedule adherence
· Communicate with internal teams and customers to provide regular updates
· Deliver world-class end-products in terms of build quality and specifications, identifying outstanding work for scheduled completion, prior to project handover
· Manage the aftercare process including defect completion, supplying handover packs to the customer, and communicating future maintenance requirements
This position is 60 - 80% travel around the Midwest, including Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Illinois.
What You’ll Need
· College degree in a related field, with 3+ years of experience (or 8+ years of experience in lieu of education)
· Previous project management experience with both small and large construction projects required
· Thorough understanding of the construction industry
· Experience with pre-construction work, including planning, design, review, value engineering, project scheduling, and conceptual estimating
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong team leadership qualities and the ability to manage high-stress situations
· Excellent time management, problem-solving, and organizational skills
Perks and Benefits
· Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans
· Employer-paid life and disability insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· Competitive PTO and robust holiday schedule
· Mileage reimbursement
KOMPAN is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. All employment is based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Tell a friendSee other jobs