KOMPAN U.S. is looking for a Direct Sales Representative to function as the playground and outdoor fitness equipment consultant for the Buffalo - Rochester region. This position will promote and sell KOMPAN projects to industry targets by creating demand and building relationships within the territory.
The direct sales representative will play a strategic role, based from their home office, to leverage opportunities for projects that are $10K to $1M+ in value, while contributing to KOMPAN’s overall strategy and culture.
As a global leader with an organizational focus on people, passion, progress, and performance, our mission is to create happier and healthier communities by delivering the best in play and fitness solutions. We’re KOMPAN - let’s play!
Who We Are
For more than 50 years, KOMPAN has researched, designed, and built innovative and imaginative commercial playground equipment and outdoor fitness sites that captivate all ages and abilities.
In collaboration with our global headquarters in Denmark, KOMPAN designs, manufactures, and installs more than 1,000 sites a month across 90 different countries. Our North American headquarters, located in Austin, Texas, supports field sales around the U.S. and Canada.
At KOMPAN, we take pride in our commitment to the global environment. We exceed sustainability efforts and make it possible to lower carbon emissions by utilizing recycled ocean waste, consumer-recycled plastics, and textile wastes to create playgrounds that are born green, or made green.
We offer our sales representatives a lucrative compensation plan including base salary, uncapped commissions, and amazing benefits - not to mention, the opportunity to work with a passionate team of people who make a direct impact on the communities where we live and work.
What You’ll Do
- Sell and promote KOMPAN playground and fitness equipment to industry targets in your region, becoming an expert in design and functionality
- Prospect, network, and build a pipeline through activity-based sales
- Leverage the CRM by targeting market segments (e.g. schools, parks and recreation departments, municipalities, landscape architects, contractors, and housing developers)
- Create product awareness and demand by articulating the world-class quality of KOMPAN equipment through presentations and industry events
- Prepare sales quotations and basic designs with the assistance of our highly supportive central team
- Ensure quality communication with your customers throughout the sales process, from the design phase through installation and post-sale
What You’ll Need
- College degree
- Experience in long sales cycles and solution selling preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing a CRM system preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and project-management capabilities
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
Perks and Benefits
· Base salary + uncapped commissions
· Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental plans
· Employer-paid life and disability insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with company match
· Competitive PTO and robust holiday schedule
· Home office equipment - laptop, docking station, monitors, etc.
· iPhone & iPad
· Mileage reimbursement
· Professional development, including KOMPAN 101 (enjoy time with your new colleagues and explore nearby KOMPAN parks!)
KOMPAN is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. All employment is based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
Tell a friendSee other jobs